In a Metaverse first, Miami will become the Sister City to Wilder World’s first virtual release city Wiami, with the Florida blockchain hotspot set to be a world leader in Web3 interoperability with the first of many partnerships with crypto native projects including Wilder’s 5D immersive photorealistic mixed-reality Metaverse.
Miami's super innovative Mayor Francis Suarez, a blockchain-believer who holds the mantle of being the first Mayor who will take his paycheck in crypto and providing a “bitcoin yield” from the staking of its cryptocurrency to its citizens, was the lead initiator in developing the sister city agreement.
The Sister City agreement will strengthen economic, cultural and crypto native educational relationships between the IRL/URL cities, with the common goals of developing a deeper understanding of the power of Web3, while improving the blockchain acumen of our respective citizens.
The Sister City agreement commits both cities to identifying opportunities that can build awareness and generate new initiatives to further nurture new economic, social and cultural relationships, as well as:
- Mutual exchanges and events between educational, athletic and other community groups
- Strengthen the links between the two cities crypto institutions and public organizations
- Cross-promote both cities to their respective business partners as locations for crypto trade and investment
- Promote diversity, accessibility, and cultural richness in the metaverse, working towards a Web3 vision that serves people first
- Foster an interoperable future where our citizens can leverage open data and open standards to build and create alongside us
- Facilitate inter-dimension trade missions and business-to-business dialogue between the two cities both in real life and in the Metaverse
- Explore and encourage cooperation and exchange between local crypto native projects
- Promote mutual leisure and business tourism opportunities in Miami and the Metaverse
Using lidar data, Wilder World has created a 1 to 1 geographical replica of Miami, which is set in a nearby alternative dimension. Wiami is a Protopia that has a futuristic vibe playing off of 80s Miami, with a CyberPunk flair and a touch of fantasy.
Just as in real life with Miami being the crypto hotspot, #Wiami is fast becoming a portal for all the coolest crypto and Metaverse projects to hang out and create magic as they traverse worlds and universes on the blockchain.
Mayor Suarez’s visionary support for this brave new virtual web3 world is deeply entrenched in the Wilder Spirit. He truly believes in the future of technology and its power to make public services more accessible. The virtual world presents a new medium to engage and deliver value. Imagine interactive town halls, city licenses with metaverse utility, and art installations representing Miami’s rich culture.
The Mayor has signaled that 2022 is the year of utility for crypto and NFTs. The City of Miami, already exploring how customer experiences and engagement can be enhanced on-chain, will learn and co-create alongside the Wilder Community. Wiami, acting as a digital twin of Miami, presents unique opportunities to reimagine urban planning, visualize city data in a 5-Dimensional environment, and enlist new collaborators in solving our most pressing civic challenges.
The City of Miami constituents will be some of the first to participate in Wilder World’s Metaverse when it comes out of closed beta in 2022. Until then, both projects will collaborate closely together on designing the future of Web3 and Crypto in the Metaverse.
Make sure you join us later today at 2:00pm PST for a historical Twitter Spaces with Mayor Suarez, you won't want to miss this! https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1PlJQaQNAEdJE/peek
See you in Wiami, the Wilders salute you.